Indications for chemoprophylaxis
1. PPD 5mm or greater PLUS: HIV, abnormal CXR, new conversion (DOCUMENTED negative within prior 2yrs).
2. PPD 10mm or greater PLUS: chronic steroids (15mg/day or greater), renal failure, DM, gastrectomy, transplant, malnourished.
3. PPD 10mm or greater, 35yrs old or younger, PLUS: homeless, health care worker, from endemic area.
4. PPD 15mm or greater, 35yrs old or younger
PRIOR pos PPD: look at CHANGE
1. IF 35yrs old or younger and PPD increases 10mm or more.
2. IF >35yrs old and PPD increases 15mm or more.
Lecture by Johanna Daily 11/12/98